This website uses cookies and other technologies to personalize content and ads on this and other websites and provide social media features. By clicking “I Agree” you consent to our use of tracking technologies and disclosure of tracking data to third-party ad networks or social media companies for the purposes above. If you click “I Disagree” you can still use this website but your experience may be different. For more information about Dermira’s privacy practice and to manage third-party preferences, please Click here.

how to get help

only a medical professional can diagnose hyperhidrosis

Since hyperhidrosis is a medical condition of the skin, it is usually diagnosed and treated by a dermatologist (a healthcare professional who specializes in skin conditions).

However, your primary care doctor may also be able to provide you with information and advice.

Talking to a medical professional whom you feel comfortable with is an important first step in managing excessive sweating.

“In working with my doctor, we think we have found a good balance for me while I still feel great on the inside and out.”

- Ariel H.

Don’t have a dermatologist? Find one in your area.

Let's Go
One study showed that only 51% of people with hyperhidrosis have discussed it with their doctor.

The key is: Don’t put it off. Diagnosis of hyperhidrosis is often delayed because people are too embarrassed to discuss their condition with a healthcare professional. Starting the conversation may be easier than you think… especially with a little help.


Stay connected to receive more updates and information about excessive sweating.